Ecard Sending Help For AOL Users
1. Email Addresses
You must use the full email address of the person you are sending the card to. (i.e. address@?.com)
Although we're working on making the graphics loadable even on mobile phone web browsers, there are of course some who opt to have the graphics compression on for faster access. Some (if not all) versions of AOL browser have graphic compression set to "on" by default.
If you need to turn off the graphics compression in the AOL Browser:
- Go to the toolbar, click on members
- Click preferences, click WWW icon (world globe)
- Dialog box appears, click the "web graphics" tab
- Question appears "Do you want Web Graphics to be compressed....?"
- Check off if you want compression, if you do not want compression leave
- Check box blank, if it is checked you can uncheck.
The procedure depends on which Web Browser you are using. If you are an AOL user and your software does not use Microsoft Internet Explorer:
Click on preferences under the members menu at the top of the screen
- Click WWW, then go to the advanced button
- Click the purge cache button
If you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer as your Web Browser:
- Click on tools
- Go to internet options
- General tab folder
- In the section "Temporary Internet Files" click on delete files
Settings to Receive Postcards
If email notice of the postcard you sent did not get to the recipient:
- It could be that an error occurred in entering the recipient's email address
- AOL recipient user may not have enabled their email to receive mail from you (email enabled to receive from AOL users only).
Setting Mail Controls:
Go to Mail Controls
- Click on the "Go to Mail Controls" button and select the screen name whose mail controls you wish to modify
- click on the "Edit" button.
- Options are:
a) Allow all mail - all email received except "Blocked Sites" list in the preferred mail.
b) Block all mail - all email will be blocked that is sent to the email address.
c) Allow only email addresses in the list to the right - member can "Add or Remove" addresses in the list. Email will only be received from addresses shown.
d) Block email address in the list to the right - member can "Add or Remove" addresses in the list. Email will be received from all addresses except those shown in the list and the preferred mail "Blocked Sites" list. You can select either the "Allow only email to the right". Enter the email addresses in the appropriate lists click on "ok".